K Squared Communications, Inc. for Seaward Travels
(773) 774 7847
Five Important Things to Consider Before Booking a Cruise
Orlando, FL – September 7th, 2011 – Booking a cruise vacation is a real investment in both time and money and there are many things that vacationers are not aware that they should be doing before they make reservations. Keeping these key concepts in mind will make the vacation affordable and much more enjoyable.
1. Use a travel agent – agents know the ins and outs and have a relationship with the cruise line. They can help you negotiate elements such as private excursions, unmatched golf experiences or culinary outings that you might not know can be negotiated to make your trip truly memorable and special. Using an agent ensures you can get the best value and the maximum return on vacation enjoyment.
2. Be knowledgeable – have some idea of the experience you want and what the cruise lines offer and what extras are available, such as prepaid gratuities and shipboard credit and room upgrades. This increases your ability to negotiate and spot a good deal.
3. Be flexible – you can save a lot of money if you are willing to be flexible on what dates you travel. There are also more extras that can be negotiate by you or an agent if you are willing to bend on the travel dates.
4. Use the cruise/airline negotiated rates – cruise lines offer deals through various airlines to get their passengers to the ship. You can find plenty of deals by using those connections instead of trying to book flights on your own.
5. Buy travel insurance – it is not a scam and you will thank yourself later should anything go wrong. Your vacation can cost thousands of dollars and that kind of investment should be insured. Travel insurance should cost no more than 8% of the total price of the cruise.
“According to the Cruise Line International Association, Travel agents are responsible for over 90% of the cruise bookings, and know the ins and outs of every cruise line, every ship, every port,” said Michael Schad, President of Seaward Travels, a cruise-focused agency specializing in personalized service. “If you want to have a truly great cruise experience, do the internet research, then talk to an agent to see what more can be had for the same price. While the pricing may be the same, we can always give you more value. We never fail to make the planning easier and the trip more enjoyable.”
About Seaward Travels:
Founded on the premise that nothing beats personalized service, experience, and attention to detail, Seaward Travels delivers experienced agent’s in the Internet age. Seaward Travels is determined to prove that an agency can provide better service and value than any other means of travel planning. For more information, or to book a vacation, visit Seaward Travels at www.seawardtravels.com
or call 866-610-5481.